What are setbacks?

Setbacks are distances of a structure to a lot line or right-of-way. In the Town of McCandless, these are known as yard requirements. Each building has a required front yard, rear yard, and side yard. Please refer to the permit requirement pages for the specific structure you are proposing. If you have any questions, please call the zoning officer at 412-364-0616, ext. 129.

Show All Answers

1. Am I allowed to keep chickens?
2. How do I know what my property is zoned?
3. How do I subdivide a property?
4. What and where are flood plains?
5. What are setbacks?
6. What is a Conditional Use?
7. What is a right-of-way?
8. What is a variance?
9. What is an easement?
10. When do I need a building permit?
11. Yard signs? Political signs?