Does the Town require a permit when someone is selling door to door?

The Town requires any transient vendor to obtain a permit. You may ask to see the permit that has been issued by the Town. Transient vendors may operate with their permit from Monday through Saturday, between the hours of 9 am and sunset. Persons who go onto residential property within the Town to solicit funds must also be registered with the Town. They are required to have an identification card issued by the Town. Their hours of operation are as follows:

  • 9 am to 5 pm, Monday through Saturday, October 1 to April 30.
  • 9 am to 9 pm, Monday through Saturday, May 1 to September 30.

Groups or individuals that solicit funds on business properties within the Town are also required to have a Town issued identification card.

For more information, view our vendors page.

Show All Answers

1. Are BB-guns permitted in the Town?
2. Can a person or corporation distribute advertising information at my residence?
3. Can I have wild or dangerous animals as pets?
4. Does McCandless have a dog ordinance?
5. Does the Town require a permit when someone is selling door to door?
6. How do you obtain a handicapped parking placard or registration plate?
7. Is loud noise illegal?
8. Is the use of fireworks permitted?
9. What crime prevention services does the police department offer?
10. What designates a handicapped parking space?
11. What emergency preparedness plans does the Town have?
12. What is required to be on a vehicle that is parked in a handicapped parking space?
13. When must an accident be reported to the police?
14. When should I call 911?