The Town of McCandless is now embarking on its Implementable Comprehensive Plan process as advised by our Planning Consultant Pashek-MTR.
About every 10 years, municipalities update their comprehensive plans. The Town initiated this process earlier this year. On February 7, 2017, there was a presentation on the Implementable Comprehensive Plan by a representative from the state Department of Community and Economic Development at the Town's Planning Commission meeting. To learn more about this type of comprehensive plan, click here and here.
A key element in this process is the creation of a Steering Committee comprised of Town Officials and residents. The primary role of the Steering Committee for this planning process is to give the consulting team guidance throughout the planning process. The Steering Committee reports its activity regularly to the Town Planning Commission and periodically to Town Council which ultimately approves the Comprehensive Plan.
The prime responsibility of each Steering Committee member is the achievement of the project’s success, as defined by the consensus of the committee facilitated by our consultant. Members who bring special expertise to the committee should avoid a narrow view of their responsibility on the Committee – they are on the Committee to contribute to the entire project.
On November 13, 2017, Town Council selected members of this steering committee. The Town anticipates about 8-10 Steering Committee meetings over a 12-14 month period.
Composition of the Steering Committee:
- Councilman William McKim
- Councilwoman Kimberly Zachary
- Councilman Steven Mertz
- Deawna Alfonsi
- Dennis Blakely
- Nicole Hanson
- Edward Meinert
- Mike Rapach
- James Radock
- Deborah Sagan
- Robert Scherrer
- Richard Schnupp
- Jason Singer
- Amy Steele
- Renee Waibel
Meetings will be scheduled by the Town‘s Planning Consultant, Land Use Administrator and the Steering Committee’s membership. They may occur during afternoon or evening hours.
Notes from Steering Committee meetings and other documents:
- A McCandless Conversation (draft version of plan) This is a large file, so it may take a few seconds to load
- A McCandless Conversation appendices (draft)
- Minutes from Planning Commission special meeting to discuss Plan on June 5, 2019
- Notes from the October 10, 2018 Steering Committee Meeting
- Notes from the September 11, 2018 Steering Committee Meeting
- Key issues to-do list
- Phase 1 Report: Summary of Public Input and Selection of Key Issues
- Notes from the May 8, 2018 Steering Committee Meeting
- Notes from the April 2, 2018 Steering Committee Meeting
- Notes from the March 8, 2018 Steering Committee Meeting
- Input summary from Comprehensive Plan Public Meeting (January 30, 2018)
- Notes from the December 6, 2017 Steering Committee Meeting