Because of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Federal and State Declarations of Emergency have been issued that recommend non-essential employees shelter in place and/or work from home when possible to promote social distancing. As a result, Waste Management has significantly reduced its “field” work force and is focusing on the performance of essential services during this unprecedented emergency. Because of its importance to the health and safety of our society, municipal solid waste collection and disposal is deemed an “essential service” in most instances, and so Waste Management’s employees dedicated to collecting and disposing of trash are in the field continuing to perform this critical function.
In order for Waste Management to maintain its focus on municipal solid waste collection and disposal, and due to the reduced number of employees in the field, effective Wednesday, March 25, Waste Management is temporarily suspending the performance of the following services, which are non-essential during this period of emergency:
- Bulk Collection – furniture, carpet, mattresses, appliances, etc.
- Spring and bulk clean-ups
Additionally, please note:
- All trash/refuse must be bagged, sealed and placed in your black-top trash containers. LOOSE ITEMS WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All recyclable materials must be placed inside recycling bin (including cardboard). ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
- All yard-waste materials must be placed inside your green-top yard-waste bin. ITEMS LEFT OUTSIDE OF BIN WILL NOT BE COLLECTED.
Please note, these changes do no affect the At Your Door service for e-waste and HHW, nor does it affect the pickup of Bagsters.
When the Declarations of Emergency and social distancing recommendations have been eased and Waste Management’s work force returns to pre-pandemic levels, these services will be restarted. Waste Management will provide notice when the service(s) will resume.