On October 22, 2018, Town Council adopted Resolution 20 supporting small businesses in our community and encouraging consumers to shop at small, local, independently-owned busineses - recognizing the contributions they make to our local economy.
To further show our appreciation for small, locally-owned and operted businesses in the Town of McCandless, we invite these businesses to submit information to firstname.lastname@example.org about who they are and what distinguishes them or what unique features they offer to Town residents. We especially want to encourage holiday shoppers to patronize women and minority-owned small businesses including those who do not have a store front to showcase their products to promote economic development.
See the current listing below:
- The Barre Code — 412-364-4230, www.thebarrecode.com, 741 Providence Blvd.
- Bellisario's Restaurant — 412-367-7616, www.bellisariosrestaurant.com, 1710 Duncan Ave. (fun facts: family-owned restaurant serving pizza and other Italian fare that opened in 1975; damaged by a fire in summer 2018, the restaurant reopened March 18, 2019 for its normal operating hours)
- Color Nail Spa — 412-364-1133, 8854 Covenant Ave.
- Complete Learning Academy — 412-701-1011, www.clacenter.com (fun facts: a woman minority owned business specializing in helping students of all age prepare for exams and get the tutoring they need; instructors have a Masters degree or higher, and can help out with AP Exams, SAT Tests, ACT Tests and college course preparations)
- Convive Coffee — 412-453-6339, www.convivecoffeeroastery.com, 751 Providence Blvd.
- Deer Creek Winery — 412-367-7179, www.deercreekwine.com, 711 Providence Blvd.
- Dentistry For Kids — 412-367-0930, www.dfkonline.com, 8620 Duncan Ave.
- D-Fit by Deawna — 412-376-7008, www.d-fit.com (services offered: personal training, weight loss coaching, nutrition programs, fitness products [such as foam rollers and weight belts])
- Doodle Bugs Children's Center — 412-358-0225, www.doodlebugs.com, 8900 Duncan Ave.
- E&K Enterprise Excavation/Contractor — 412-683-4565, email@example.com, 9225 Woodcrest Road
- Fort Pitt Piano Company — 412-369-7100, www.fortpittpianoco.com, 8872 Covenant Ave.
- Gigi's Cupcakes — 412-367-2253, www.gigiscupcakesusa.com/pages/mccandless-pittsburgh-pennsylvania, 761 Providence Blvd.
- Gifted Hands Gift Shop — 412-367-5760, www.giftedhandsgifts.com, 721 Providence Blvd.
- Handel's Ice Cream — 412-366-3379, www.handelsicecream.com, 9020 St. Simon Way
- Hats Off Hair Design — 412-366-3733, www.hatsoffhairdesign.net, 771 Providence Blvd.
- Healthy Pet Products — 412-366-0700, www.healthypetproducts.net, 9805 McKnight Road (fun facts: Started 10 years ago by Toni Shelaske in a small small store on Perry Highway; specializes in organic alternatives to conventional pet care and supports other small businesses by selling their products in the store)
- Ingomar Barber Shop — 412-364-8400, https://ingomar-barber-shop.business.site, 700 W. Ingmoar Road
- Mathnasium — 412-635-6284, www.mathnasium.com, 9024 St. Simon Way
- Nail Studio II — 412-369-5182, 9022 St. Simon Way
- Riverstone Books — 412-366-1001, www.riverstonebookstore.com, 8850 Covenant Ave
- Rue Boutique — 412-635-9900, www.rueboutique.com, 730 Providence Blvd
Local farms, local food
McCandless supports local farms in the surrounding area and encourages residents to buy local. Below is a listing of local farmer's markets both in and near McCandless:
- Eichner's Farm Market and Greenhouse — 724-935-2131, 285 Richard Road
- Soergel Orchards — 724-935-1743, www.soergels.com, 2573 Brandt School Road
- Kaelin Farm Market — 724-935-6780, www.kaelinfarms.com, 2547 Brandt School Road
- Shenot's Farm and Market — 724-935-2542, www.shenotfarm.com, 3754 Wexford Run Road
For more information on the benefits of local food, click here.