On October 1, 2016, the Town contracted with Waste Management to implement a new automated trash, recycling, and yard waste program.
NOTE: Customers who vacate their homes for a minimum of 2 months are permitted to temporarily discontinue service during that period. A minimum of 10 days' advance notice is required. Temporary discontinuation will have a maximum term of 6 months.
Important Contact Information
Direct your questions about the program via email or 412-364-0616.
For more information on specific topics, please review the Customer Handbook. Please review the Town's Recycling Ordinance, which is available at the bottom of the page.
Use the links below to find the page you are looking for:
- Billing Information
- Day of Collection
- Trash and Recycling (black-top and blue-top carts)
- Yard Waste (green-top carts, or paper composting bags)
- Overflow/Bulk Pickup Costs (for big items, and stuff that won't fit in the cart)
- HHW and E-Waste Collection ("At Your Door" service for items that are hard to get rid of)
- Service Problems?
- Recycling Resource Guide (for hard-to-recycle items)
- Composting (an alternate method for yard waste disposal)
- Recycling Ordinance