Each member of Council is a member of each of the six committees: Public Safety, Services, Public Works, Recreation, Zoning, and Finance.
All six committees meet on the second Monday of each month (during the Meeting of the Town Council).
Council President appoints a chair and vice chair for each of the committees, as follows:
- Public Safety Committee: Carolyn L. Schweiger, Chair; Joan D. Powers, Vice Chair
- Services Committee: William C. Kirk, Chair; Carolyn L. Schweiger, Vice Chair
- Public Works Committee: Angela M. Woods, Chair; Charles J. Mazur, Vice Chair
- Recreation Committee: Patricia A. Cloonan, Chair; Joan D. Powers, Vice Chair
- Zoning Committee: Kimberly K. Zachary, Chair; William C. Kirk, Vice Chair
- Finance Committee: Charles J. Mazur, Chair; Patricia A. Cloonan, Vice Chair.
All meetings are open to the public, and the public is encouraged to participate and offer their ideas and suggestions. Actions taken by Council are more representative of the community when the public shares in the decision-making process. Council makes every effort to arrive at decisions that are fair, legal, and balanced in the best interest of the Town.
At the end of each calendar year, Council adopts a resolution establishing the meeting schedule for all Town meetings for the following year. This schedule is advertised in the newspaper, and all meetings are identified on the Town calendar that is mailed to residents. The resolution also appears on the website under Town Government/Meeting Schedule.